Time flies, and with that, trends, fads, and styles come and go. The children of today have iPhones in their pockets and Apple Watches on their wrists. They have e-readers instead of hardbound books. They play with video games instead of dolls and actions figures.
For those of you who grew up before those waves of technological advancement came crashing down on society, you likely don't forget the toys and trends that were around when you were kids. Below, you'll find 39 things that likely only ladies who grew up in the 80s will remember. Some fads stay forever, but most of these seem to have disappeared into the horizon.
1. The difficulty of getting Popple into his perfect ball shape
2. Wearing plastic charms and attaching meaning to them all
3. Using and peeling off Tinkerbell nail polish
4. Styling yourself with these barrettes
5. Perfecting the sideways ponytail
6. Electric Youth scent
7. Working out to the "Get in Shape, Girl!" cassette
8. Jake Ryan
9. My Lil' Pony
10. Getting new Cabbage Patch Kid and lining up all birth certificates
11. Over Our Heads was best ficitional store period.
12. Scrunchies - a must in fashion!
15. Awesome cereal
16. Pound puppies were the cutest!
17. Had to get a Caboodle as the ultimate organizer
19. Definitely played with these glittery batons
20. Rainbow Brite
21. Watching these movies on repeat
22. Lisa Frank was a gold standard
23. The eraser collection
24. Sweet Valley High books
26. Shortcake dolls
27. Easy-Bake Oven: best way of playing house!
28. Glo Worm and getting creeped out by is face in the middle of the night
29. Denise Huxtable = fashionista
30. Loving Punky Brewster's room.
31. Eww, jelly bracelets!
32. These stunk!
33. The 'Instagram' back in the day
34. This Guy
35. Where you learned everything about boobs and more
36. Coolest boombox in town
37. Lip Smackers
38. Care bears!
39. High end status symbol